Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 9: List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.

OK... these seems hard but easy.

1. Lesa -- She makes me a better man. Her influence in my life has helped me to see things I never would have and to have the confidence I sometimes lack.

2. Dad --  I look up to him, and he has really helped me to become the man/husband/father I am today. He has helped me to know what is important and what to stand for.

3. Mom -- She has helped me to be a better person every day. She is uplifting and does all she can to make sure everyone around her is happy. She is very caring.

4. Prof. Tabitha Bush -- She was one of the first teachers I had. She taught astronomy and really made me want to pursue a career in science.

5. Dan Simmons -- Author of Hyperion. Reading his books made me want to step up my writing. Made me want to add philosophical meaning into my writing. It was a big change for me.

6. Carl Sagan -- Advocate for science. Another influence to push me towards a scientific career.

7. Dr. Heath Ogden -- My college biology teacher. An amazing man who teaches with passion, solidifying my decision to major in biotech. His love of evolution is amazing, as well.

8. Christ -- For obvious reasons. He influences so much of my life. His teachings and example help me to become a better man.

9.  Jeff Root -- Who would have thought that an Agnostic (or Atheist) and a religious guy could be such great friends. I've had some of the most meaningful and thought provoking discussions with him.

10. Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley -- He really seemed to know what matters. He taught a gospel of love! A truly great and wonderful man.

No comments:

Post a Comment