Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 3: Describe Your Relationship With Your Parents.

I am pretty lucky. I have absolutely wonderful parents and have been lucky that we've always been close. I remember in High School talking about my dates and girl friends with my mom, and both of us talking about our day, or what we were currently doing. I feel we were very close then and that has made us close now. I mean, we've never really had any major arguments, either. Like... most were probably because of me. Being home late, bad grades, that sort of stuff. Most of the time she couldn't even get mad at me too long. She'd be in the middle of telling me how I need to be home on time and then would start laughing. (Now, being a parent, I have the same problem, and Lesa does too. When Maddox is screaming sometimes I have to wait at the door to get my giggles out). I love my Mom and we have a great relationship. She is a nurturer and shows her love for me, and my siblings, unconditionally. She is fun, and I've always been comfortable talking about anything with her. And she's always been including and was always trusting. I even remember times watching music videos when she came in and started head banging to the music. There are many many little things that she has done, and I think those are the most important. Reading to me and by brothers during the summer. Being silly with us. Watching my kids for me, being as good of a "Nana" as she was a mom. She's made me into a loving and caring and non-cynical person. So . . . I'd say our relationship is good.

My father is one of the biggest influences in my life. When I was 8 he introduced me to comics. (Spider-Man). This lead me to love books and learning. Much of the direction in which my life has gone was because of his influence. I started writing seriously because of the things he taught me and showed me when I was young, as well as when I was older. He would take me and my brothers on "Journey's of Discovery" where we'd go out into the world and learn about nature: its beauty and purpose and how it worked. I know he was busy when I was a kid, but I don't remember that. I remember him taking time to hang out with us. Now he and I are close, talking about things we have in common like philosophy, religion, science, and books. I think I am very similar to my dad in the way I believe and think. And really, I owe it to him. I can't think of a better relationship between a father and son than I have. I can only hope to be half the man he is when I "grow up". Through our relationship I have a love of books, of nature and of doing what is right. I love my dad! He has done more for me than I think he knows.

I have wonderful parents and a wonderful relationship with them. They mean the world to me.

(I also love my Parents-In-Law, btw. Thought i'd throw that in there. They are great!).

2 comments:

  1. Wow Christopher!! That really made my day!! You are a sweetheart and always have been. I am so proud of you and what you have done so far in your life. Not only are you a great son but also an amazing husband and father. I love you Sweetboy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christopher, this just left me in tears. You are a great son. This made my day. Even longer.

    ReplyDelete