Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 4: List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.

OK . . . I honestly don't know. Maybe because on so many levels I feel 16. Haha. Well. I gotta make an attempt at this, so . . . here we go. Also, I was 16 in 2002, so I have to think back to how stuff was back then.

1. "Do well in school. Take it seriously. Make it a priority."
2. "Keep a journal. And try not to write too much stuff about girls and more about your daily life. At 26 I won't care who I had a crush on."
3. "Learn how to manage money. It will suck. It still sucks. But it probably wont suck so much if you start now, at 16."
4. "It is OK if you don't know everything. Ignorance should not be a shameful thing. It should be shown, or how else will you really learn."
5. "Don't seek money. Money should be a side effect of what you love. Seek learning and growth and with it you will be financially stable. Unless you get a philosophy degree . . . that may not be too wise."
6. "Stop drinking soda. You're making it hard for me to quit, ten years later."
7. "Have fun. Seriously. Have fun!"
8. "On your mission, do not give blood while you're fasting. And don't eat the onion blossom to end you fast. I want to know if this triggered my Ulcerative Colitis or not."
9. "Keep biking. Don't ever stop."
10. "Order some king crab legs at Red lobster. There is no need for us to wait until we are 20 to try them. They are like heaven in your mouth. You'll thank me."

I hope these suffice.

Also, I read this after I wrote this. Deals perfectly with #4. It's from my favorite web comic XKCD.


No comments:

Post a Comment