Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 6: What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?

Wow... I don't even know. I'd have to say the third really bad flair up I had with Ulcerative Colitis. This happened in Feb-Mar, 2008. I was in the Amer Fork hospital on an all liquids diet and felt horrible the whole time. Lesa, after I was released, not feeling any better, got me into the UofU where I got better, but the whole experience was dreadful. Seriously, if it wasn't for Lesa I don't know how I would have gotten through it. My family wasn't even around. (They were in Vienna) She was my rock. I had just switched jobs and had no insurance and could not miss the training for my new job. I was throwing up 10-20 times a day, my colon ached and burned constantly and I passed a lot of blood, calling for another blood transfusion, (I had had one earlier from another flair up) and I had two sores (from Pyoderma Gangrenosum) on my back. And so, I still had to endure 8 hours of work, online classes, taking care of a new puppy, all while being sick. And then, finally after the insurance kicked in and the training classes were over I went to the hospital and they only made me worse.

I could ramble on about this but I wont. The important parts are: 1. It was hell. 2. Lesa was/is amazing. 3. Amer Fork Hospital is not to be trusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment