Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 5: What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?

I like how it says right now, and not just 5 things that make you the most happy. Because, to me, those are two very different questions and would have two very different answers. So, here are the things that currently, as of right now, are making me the most happy.

1. Seeing my kids every morning. I am usually off to work at 4am, but with my schedule change, although there are a lot of crappy parts with changing schedules, I sure love waking up and seeing my kids.

2. Having a plan for graduate school and what I want to go into. (Genetics, btw. I am planning on going to the U and getting a PhD in human genetics. I've been thinking about this a lot and I know it'll be tough work, but I think having this plan has really made me want to try hard and aim for it. I'm very excited about it).

3. My wife told me I looked a lot thinner yesterday. That was pretty awesome because I've been working hard to lose weight and only recently has it been really showing.

4. Being able to bike everywhere. Although biking home at 1:30 in the morning actually really sucks, I am happy and proud of myself for sticking with it.

5. Currently, the wind is blowing South to North, which means that it will be easy(er) sailing home. There was one night where it blew against me at 15-20 mph and I was ready to turn around, ride the wind back to work and sleep under my desk until Lesa could come get me in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment