Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day 7: What is your dream job, and why?

Ever sense I was in high school I have wanted to teach. That is, teach at a university level. The only thing that has changed is the subject. It started with history, then English, physics, back to English, philosophy, Physics again, and now Biology/Genetics, (which I'm sure is where it will stay). So, the dream job is teaching. I love teaching. my current calling is Elders Quorum teacher and I love it. I am sure there will be other things that I will also love. Research, etc., but the end goal is teaching in a university setting while researching. I think that would be wonderful!

I love learning, and I love learning from a great teacher. The best I can remember for me were Prof. Ogden, Prof. Jensen, and Prof. Birch. I want to be like these people. I want to show people why biology, or genetics, or whatever is important and why we should find it important. I want to engage peoples thinking and make them want to learn. I am learning so much right now and am finding out there is so little I know. I want to keep learning and show others what I know so they can keep learning too.

No comments:

Post a Comment