Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 2 -- 3 legitimate fears and why

This is interesting... Because my fears change as I get older. So I'm not really sure what is on the top of the list. Hmmm... Well here it goes.

1. I think my biggest fear is something happening to my wife or kids. This seems like maybe a cop-out, but I am serious. I really really really am terrified of this. For example, the other day my wife left for Heber before I felt for work. I hadn't heard from her when she got there so I tried calling. No answer... So I then I called her parents house. Her dad, Wade, answered and said she wasn't there and didn't know she was heading up. I freak out. I am in the car and pull off, ready to drive up the canyon and call in late to work. I try her cell again... no answer, and she should have been up there 45 min. ago. Finally, I try her mom's cell. She answers and say that Lesa as with her and had forgot to call when she got there. Probably a bit of an over reaction on my part, but seriously... it is a terrifying thought to lose them. This obviously came about by getting married and having kids and not trusting Utah drivers very much.

2. Spiders. When I was ten I lived in North Carolina. I was there when Hurricane Fran hit, also. The day after my brother and I went to walk through the "Green Way" to see the destruction the hurricane had caused. Apparently, through the wooded path a tornado had landed, causing a lot of large trees to fall across the path. It was pretty cool for a 10 year old. We climbed over large fallen trunks and at one point Tim (my bro) walked down one of the trunks while I jumped down. When I noticed what he was doing I turned to climb back up, but in my way, on the trunk, were about 30, 50 cent piece sized spiders. I freaked out. They were all around me and I couldn't get out. Luckily, Time came back and helped me out. I had to step on some. After that I've had a pretty bad fear of spiders. (To be honest it's gotten better than it was).

3. Probably cancer. Ever since I got ulcerative colitis I am worried that I will get colon cancer. Sometimes I think it is an irrational fear... and it is a risk I am aware of, which means I can nip it in the bud when it probably will happen, but I still can't help being scared of getting cancer. I've had this fear since I was about 15. Well before the UC. Actually... i think I am more scared of my boys getting cancer. I think that would just break my heart. No kid should ever have to deal with that.

1 comment:

  1. ah.. way to make me feel guilty. im sure you said one of your greatest fears is spiders just because i said it's not that interesting. but at least you have a legit story to go along with it.

    ReplyDelete