Monday, April 22, 2013

The Books of This Semester

This was a long semester. Lots of reading and writing of papers. (I think I wrote about 20 papers). But I thought I'd post the list of books read for my classes this semester. It's a pretty impressive list. Took a lot of time to get through, but I'm glad I got through each book. 



The Essential Writings of Ralph Waldo Emerson
The Republic by Plato
Poetics by Aristotle
Walden by Henry David Thoreau
The Guide for the Perplexed by Moses Maimonides
Meditations on First Philosophy by Rene Descartes
Macbeth by William Shakespeare
New Science by Giambattista Vico
The Complete Works of Emily Dickinson Edited by Thomas H. Johnson
Short Stories by Hawthorne
Course in General Linguistics by Saussure
Ethics by Benedict De Spinoza
The Blithedale Romance by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Discourse on Metaphysics by Leibniz
Billy Budd, Sailor by Herman Melville
Banito Cereno by Herman Melville
Dracula by Bram Stoker
Heidegger and a Hippo Walk Through Those Pearly Gates by Thomas Cathcart and Daniel Klein
An Essay Concerning Human Understanding by John Locke
Principles of Human Knowledge by George Berkeley
Narrative of the Life of Fredrick Douglass by Fredrick Douglass
Deaf In America by Carol Padden and Tom Humphries
An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding by David Hume
Dissemination by Jacques Derrida
Critique of Pure Reason by Immanuel Kant


That is a total of 25 books. Lots and lots of reading. Next semester will probably be even more. But for now, during the summer, I'm going to take it easy. Less books and books I want to read. Should be good. I'm starting with my dads book, again, because I want to actually write a paper dealing with the Hell he describes and freewill. Should be good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment