Thursday, April 4, 2013

Me and My Bike

About two years ago I decided that I needed to start biking everywhere I went. Bike to work, to school, as well as go on various rides. Since then I have not looked back. I've traveled over 7,200 miles since that time. 

This is at the top of a short hill that had an ave. grade of about 10% but got to points of 30% grade.


I made the hard decision last year to also bike through the winter. It was easy last year as the coldest I biked in was about 6*F, and there was very little snow. This year was a lot different. I biked in -4* and went through weeks and weeks of bitter, wet, hellish snow.

Biking home at 1:30 AM from work in the snow.

 I am also going to be starting a charity program that gives bikes to students who need them, for free. It's nothing big, but if you're interested or want to help let me know. I'll be buying cheap bikes over the summer, (or trying to find some for free), and will fix them up to give away (on campus) at the beginning of the fall semester.

The boys love helping me clean and tune up my bikes whenever they can.

Last summer I set up some goals to bike certain routes and trails and completed many of them. And this year I'll be doing even more, and with a group of great guys who will be racing with me, (on team Cycling Cyclopaths) in the Salt to Saint race. Which I'm very excited for.

At the top of Dry Canyon Rd. -- A great climb.
Near the top of the Alpine Loop Rd. (Sundance Side), near the end of the three peaks challenge, (Squaw Peak, South Fork and Alpine Loop in one ride).


So, this year--Summer--should be pretty fun. No more cold riding, or snow. I'll try to do better at keeping this blog updated with the different rides I go on with plenty of pictures. 
Top of Rock Canyon - Road on the gravel for some time. Fun but cold (at the time) ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment