Monday, August 12, 2013

The Boys

 Maddox and Asher have been growing up so much this summer I can hardly believe it. It's amazing to see them change and grow. A few days ago I was going through some old pictures of when Maddox was Asher's age and Asher was just a little newborn. It was incredible to think that so much time has past and to see how only they both are now. So here's just an update on them.

Maddox has started asking tons of questions. He is very interested in the body. Especially about bones. If you ask him he can tell you what is inside of them, why they are hard, or what makes them hard. He can name a bunch of different bones and how they connect and draws pictures of the skeleton and will explain it to you. He asks about how they move, (muscles, etc.) and also loves seeing pictures of bones, muscles, and organs. The other day he spent 30 minutes or an hour looking though pictures of the "Bodies Exhibit". He is absolutely fascinated by the body.

He is also becoming more and more independent. He is able to do a lot of things on his own, like cleaning his room, setting the table and making up all sorts of games to play with Asher, (who loves the games), doing chores without being asked, making lunches for himself and Asher, (while Asher takes his nap), along with lots of other things. But this new independence has also made him very opinionated and he lets you know when he doesn't agree with something.

We are also going to try and get him back into gymnastics. He has so much natural ability it is ridiculous. He is already able to do a headstand for about 5 seconds. He can do a lot of tumbling and swinging from the bar also. And, one of his favorite positions to watch TV is on his head, practicing his headstands on the couch.

Maddox is also a huge sweetheart. When anyone is hurt or sad, (and I experienced this a lot while sick) he will sit with them, hug them and tell them it's going to be OK. He'll also hold your hand or rub your back when you need a little boost. He's very aware of others feelings.

Asher is growing up too fast. He wants to be just like his big brother and it shows in how he acts. He will pick up things so incredibly fast, I can hardly believe it. He has been talking since well before he was one, and I can probably attribute that to Maddox. And since then he hasn't stopped talking. He actually is very good at picking up on words and phrases. For being 2 1/2, the way in which he can talk to you astounds me. He is very thoughtful and clear with what he says. One of my favorite things is when he says, "Every time he wakes me up". He will say this when Maddox is being talkative at night. I am just always impressed that I am able to hold very real conversations with Asher at only 2 1/2.

Asher is also someone who is content with just hanging out with you. He loves sitting and reading,  playing IPad and watching videos with 'FashaPa', and takes his time with stuff. I love in the morning getting up with him and just making breakfast and hanging out with him. We'd sit and eat, (and drink tea... he loves tea) and just talk. Talk about what he wants to do that day, what he likes or things is fun, he'll ask me how I slept, or how I am feeling, (he'd ask that when I was sick). He is just so fun to hang out with.

Asher is also one of the best eaters I've ever known. I mean this in the sense that he will eat or try anything. There are so few things he doesn't like it amazes me. I call him the garbage-disposal, but Lesa really doesn't like that nickname. I'm not saying he gorges, or is eating constantly, but he just loves food. He'll snack on plane lettuce or cabbage, doesn't matter. It's impressive. The only thing I can think of that he will not eat is hummus, (which is unfortunate).


Both boys love to bike. Maddox has a Trek bike that he says is faster than my Felt (brand) and loves to remind me of it. He is constantly reminding me of this when we talk about bikes. Asher has a tricycle, but he says it's a Trek also. They all think my bike is slow. Both also love our garden, (and their Nana's garden). They go out every morning and pick strawberries to eat, doing the same (with strawberries and raspberries) at my moms (Nana's) house. Both love books and reading, and being read to. When I'm reading on the couch, a lot of the time Asher will grab a book and sit with me and read.

They also both love playing "Super Hero's", "Cars" (in which they run around in a circle and stop to make Lesa or me change their tires), Jumping from everything, sword fighting, (which always ends in tears), reading, along with tons of other things.

 Both boys are growing and changing so much, I can't hardly believe it. Hopefully, though, this has given you an idea of how fun they are and you've enjoyed this update as much as I did writing it.




No comments:

Post a Comment