Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Races and SWAG

Jaron and I at the start of the Tough Mudder. It was not a warm day.
My brother Jaron and I love races. We've ran in quite a few together, and (as soon as I am able) will probably run in many more. But our reasons aren't really your typical reasons. Honestly, neither of us enjoy running very much, (and if I had been better this year we probably would have done more bike races than running, but neither worked out). But what we do enjoy is race swag, (which, turns out it stands for Stuff We All Get--I learned this on Sunday and was very excited). 
Stack of shirts from races.
Best part of the Tough Mudder -- the muddy mile.

At the end of my first 10K, ran with Jaron, my dad and Aunt Melanie.

Sure, there is that great feeling of accomplishment and feeling good that we've ran a race. And in pretty much every race we actually do race each other for the last 20 meters, for pride reasons, or something. But really, we like the T-shirts we always get, and stickers that we can put on our computers, or something.


I plan on doing many more races next summer after getting back into the swing of things.  Should be fun, as they all, for some reason, are.


Here are some more pics of us at races:
McKay, Me and Jaron at the Turkey Tri

Me and Jaron at the Zombie Run and our Zombie Apocolypse Rescue Team Shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment