Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Book List

So, this semester is going to be even more taxing when it comes to the sheer amount of books that I am going to have to read. Not sure how I am going to do it . . . a lot of reading in all of my spare and listening to books on tape. (I did get a Kindle for convenience which is exciting). Anyway, here is the list of books for this semester, most coming from Adolescent Literature and Modern American Literature:

01. As I Lay Dying -- William Faulkner
02. The Short Stories -- Ernest Hemmingway
03. Thirteen Stories --  Eudora Welty
04. Miss Lonely Hearts & The Day of the Locust -- Nathanael West
05. Collected Poems -- T.S. Eliot
06. Selected Poems -- William Carlos Williams
07. The Poetry of Robert Frost -- Robert Frost
08. 100 Selected Poems -- E.E. Cummings
09. Plays -- Susan Glaspell
10. The Giver -- Lois Lowry
11. Forever -- Judy Blume
12. The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Edward Irving Wortis
13. Bud, Not Buddy -- Christopher Paul Curtis
14. Middle School:  The Worst Years of My Life --  James Patterson
15. Hunger Games -- Suzanne Collins
16. Unwind -- Neal Shusterman
17. American Born Chinese -- Gene Lang
18. Stop Pretending -- Sonya Sones
19. Thirteen Reasons Why -- Jay Asher
20. Deadline -- Chris Crutcher
21. Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie -- Jordan Sonnenblick
22. Rules of the Road -- Joan Bauer
23. Boys, Wolves, and Other Things that Might Kill Me -- Kristen Chandler

There are more, but I haven't gotten those lists yet.

I also need to read 1,500 pages worth of other young adult books, and reread The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman for my final paper. I am not very familiar with young adult fiction and so, if anybody knows of some good books that will help me fill the extra 1,500 pages of reading I need I would greatly appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment