Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 22 : Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?

5 Years: I hope, by then, to have my bachelor's in Biotech, and be working on a PhD at the U of U in their human genetics program. In 5 years I should be about half way done with their program.

10 Years: I think I would want to be working in a lab, researching transgenic-ness. Preferably finding a way to alter human genetics through gene therapy to cure/prevent diseases like Hutchinson's disease.

15 Years: I would want to be teaching at a University. Preferably subjects like Biology, Evolutionary Biology, Bioethics or Genetics. My end goal has always been to teach. I think that would be the best job in the world. I would still be doing research, but academia seems to be where my heart dwells, and has since I can remember. (I've always wanted to teach, the only thing that has changed is the subject).

No comments:

Post a Comment