Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Squaw Peak


Since being sick I have not been able to go on any major rides. I lost a lot of the muscle I'd gained over the last 2 years of biking and have slowly been working back up to where I was, (which probably will take all the way through next summer). But there is definite progress. 

This last Saturday I was able to ride with Foster, Lorin and Jared, (the group that rode in Salt to Saint except we didn't have Jaron) up Squaw Peak. It was incredible to really see the difference that being sick had made. I've ridden Squaw Peak about ten times and could make it up in about 30-35 minutes. Now I was hitting 45 or 50 minutes. Not only that, but I was EXHAUSTED. I could barely make it up the last (steep) hill. But I did, which I'm pretty happy about. I plan on riding it at least once more before winter hits. 


Me, at the top of Squaw Peak.

 I'm very grateful for all of the riders I've gotten to know and ridden with that have been nothing but encouraging. I'm sure they've all seen or heard my frustrations at slowly getting back to where I once was but they've really helped me along and kept me motivated. I made it to the top of squaw peak last of everyone but still felt accomplished at doing it and am glad I had some awesome riders pushing me and encouraging me the whole way up.

All of us. Me, Jared, Lorin and Foster.

No comments:

Post a Comment